November 29, 2017

"A Hated Tax but a Fair One"


The cover article in the latest issue of The Economist argues in favor of death taxes. It's quite fair in theory: you don't need the money anymore and death happens to everyone. I said this a couple months ago just sayin.

Also what if it isn't fair is taxing income, consumption, and investment more fair? Gotta tax something some amount.



Also back in the day I would read The Economist in order to hear about what was going on and new in economics / political economy. Now it more so confirms what I thought and puts it into words well. I feel like I've arrived. Either that or they just timed it like this for the Republican tax bill passing committee. But I swear this isn't the only time this has happened.


Also peace out Mugabe.

No comments: